Monday, June 21, 2010

day 1 and i'm done.

seriously.

the one thing i forget when i'm not dating is that dating is a serious pain in the a$$.
i went on my first POF date yesterday. while i'd LOVE to blog all about it, he's fairly tech-savy and i'm a bit scared he might stalk me on facebook and then read my all about it here.

so instead, i'm going to procrastinate the mounds of work i needed to do tonight and take the next 20 minutes blogging about what NOT to do when online dating.

i probably won't meditate tonight, but trust me, this'll be equally fulfilling.

RULE #1: just because we finally meet and i turned out to not be a leper or a guy who's real name is 'bubba', you do not now have free rights to begin telling me about all of your horrendous online dating experiences. we've all been there. the only reason why we go online is because a friend of a friend of a friend swears their sister/brother has a coworker who met their husband/wife online even deep down we're all fairly certain it's just an urban legend. please do not further remind me of how much it sucks and subsequently add yourself to my own personal 'list'.

RULE #2: when meeting for the first time in person, it's great to keep it casual. beer in the park--nice. tall-boys from your backpack while walking downtown, notsonice. although who doesn't like the threat of open intox on a sunday afternoon.

RULE #3: i do not need to hear the word 'ex' EVER. and i mean EVER. i like to think that before me, all other women repelled you. hearing you talk about your ex during a first date is only an indication of what i will hear for THE REST OF OUR RELATIONSHIP.

RULE #4: do not name drop. this does not impress me. i do not care if you know the DJ, the chef, or the pope.

RULE #5: do not email me between the hours of 1-7 AM. same goes with texting.

RULE #6: F*ing PROOFREAD.

RULE #7: if i don't email you back, it means i'm probably not interested. emailing me to the point of carrying on your own personal conversation will not score you 'cute' points. and when i DO finally email you to ask you to stop, please do not accuse me of being uptight. the only reason why i didn't tell you to f*** off was because you now know what i look like.

and it's only day 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment